CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Long Range SD Reports    Charkbait Red Rooster III July 18th 4 day 2016 report
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charkbait Red Rooster III July 18th 4 day 2016 report
 Login/Join

Pinhead
posted
Well another great trip aboard the red rooster on are annual 4 day trip.We had a great group of guys and gals with allot of familiar faces with some new faces as well.We loaded gear and bait and cleared the point and headed south for benitos island. we fished offshore the next day we had decent yellowtail fishing on kelp patties i think we had about 80 fish that first day most fish caught on flylined sardine i did catch 2 fish on the surface iron that day.we arrived at benitos that evening and anchored up for the night.We got 2 nice white seabass right away that 41 and 42# which would be 1st and 2nd place in the jackpot.the next morning we made a short move and put the anchor down and did not move all day we had really good yellowtail fishing for everybody.they were biting the yo yo jig the dropper loop, flylined sardine or mack and for me I had 13 on the surface iron that day. we left the island that evening and fished offshore the next day we had a tough day we had pretty rough weather lots of kelps for 2 yellows one of them on the troll.All in all it was another great trip on the rooster big thanks to captain Tom and the crew for all the hard work.If you have never fished on the rooster i highly recommend to give them a try it is a very good operation.

Brandon Giovannetti

Posts: 3 | Registered: 26 February 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post