CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Gulf Coast Reports    Trip planned and thank you Chark Bait
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trip planned and thank you Chark Bait
 Login/Join

Crew
posted
I have a 24 hour trip planned for later this week. Targeted will be Yellowfins, blackfins, swords, A.J.'s, snapper, grouper, and hooters. We will be live baiting with hardtails and pogeys and deep jigging. I have just built myself a new jigging rod and ordered an Accurate 665 xnc.There was some confusion re: shipping, but Mark Smith contacted UPS mid-stream and had the reel next day aired. It's ready to go. Something you don't see every day,exceptional customer service. Mark, I thank you, my freezer thanks you, and the fishies will not. I will post if the weather allows the trip. Finally have some cooler weather, and it should signal (combined with hours of daylight) the critters to eat up.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 16 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
First, welcome aboard!

If ya don't mind revealing it, where are you embarking from, and what is the destination? Blue water? Oil platforms? That is a lot of fish targeted for a 24-hour trip. Charter six-pack?

I looked into LA-based Gulf fishing before Katrina, and all reports were enticing!

My good friend is a PBer who embarks from AL. He tells me that this year has been the best fishing since he can recall, and he's been fishing 100 days a year for a decade. Hopefully it will continue on your trip!

Posts: 302 | Registered: 17 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crew
posted Hide Post
Right now we're waiting for a break in the wx. Neighbor has a 30' Grady with twin Yammies. Going to hit Ram Powell, Petronus, Beer Can and Marlin for starters.Night drift for swords with light sticks.All stand-up or Jigging. He also has some pyramids he put down last year that are holding big snaps and grouper.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 16 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Fish Stix:

Man, you are gonna have fun, if your arms don't fall off! Come to think of it, it'll probably be fun even if they do! :-)

Please let us know how it goes.

Posts: 302 | Registered: 17 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post