CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Northern California Reports    Well by now you've probably seen the news...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well by now you've probably seen the news...
 Login/Join

Captain
Picture of JanZ
posted
About the PFMC closing our rockfish and Ling season on 10-1 so other than perch, halibut and dabs there will not be a bunch of action here in Eureka. I'd hoped that the weather would allow me on or two more shots at some lings but it sure dosen't look like it's going to lay down in time to go.

I sure wish it would as I'm geting darned tired of playing house painter and gardener.

Making Humboldt bay safe for bait one halibut at a time

Posts: 215 | Registered: 20 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
I know the feeling...but then again I get to go on a 10 day end of October so life ain't bad.

GS<
MS

Posts: 1346 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of JanZ
posted Hide Post
Little did we realize it was over, the ocean has never really settled down here since 10/1 and if anything it's getting worse weather wise so I admitted defeat and stowed the boat for the winter.

I guess I'll drag out the rod wrapper and spin up a stick or two, work on gear, tie flys and stay dry.

2nd Ticket
Picture of Grambo
posted Hide Post
Jan,
Are you still Steelhead or Salmon fishing on the Mad River----getting to be about that time.
I'm going to wait til Feb to fish the Eel.
Just got another call about going back to work at Ma Bell in Engineering---said I wasn't interested --I go use to the free time .
Dave

NE OUBLIE-DON'T FORGET

Posts: 28 | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of JanZ
posted Hide Post
My days of rock hopping the rivers are over, both knees are shot to hell and I'd kill myself trying.

The phone factory is starting to get desperate, the newbies they have in those job slots now just don't know squat.

Engineers, Layout, Subway (Contract Admin)Maint and Const. Supes, all are hiring back those folks they just couldn't wait to get rid of as they forgot they were getting rid of all the practical experience.

They called me to come back a couple of times but I told them to pound sand as I want nothing to do with them after the way I was treated at the end of a 32 year career. Upper management is in pretty bad shape too as only an idiot would take a promotion in the company today.

I was offered the second level slot up here on the north coast for C&E twice and I turned it down twice as I felt the company was devaluing it's most important asset, its people and I refused to follow the company mantra that people were just numbers.

They allowed that I just didn't fit into the company model for a manager which suited me just fine.

2nd Ticket
Picture of Grambo
posted Hide Post
So true---they wanted to know if I wanted to start a new career??? I told them I didn't really enjoy the first one --33 years and I was burnt-out. Dan Stillborn ruined it for me. worst Manager I ever had.
We are fishing for Sturgeon now and I will post the results later.
Dave

NE OUBLIE-DON'T FORGET

Posts: 28 | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post