2nd Ticket
Picture of DEE=THUNNUS
posted
Whats up are the blues still biting

Posts: 36 | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
Dee Man , We are done for the year . Saturday night was the last trip . It's Tuna Time !!! Just got back from the first trip and tne weather was rough . Had to leave the 100 Square at 8 am to get home by 6 pm . 35kt winds and nasty swell most of the way in . Did catch 5 85lb class YFT and a dozen 10 lb. Mahi before we left . We lost 5 others due to lack of experiance and light line . These fish had shoulders and took 2 gaffs to subdue/lift . I lost my first gaff to one of those brutes . I stuck him deep and the backup man just watched me get my ass handed to me instead of sinking the second hook . We did get the fish but he ran 50 yards with the gaff in tow !!! I had to tag in as the customer was spent (old Dennis)and the reel was left handed . The Mahi just hung around all night . Sardines were the go to bait . Did you book any trips ?

Posts: 243 | Registered: 16 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd Ticket
Picture of DEE=THUNNUS
posted Hide Post
You know it im booked for 9/22 and 10/13 good to see dennis around i did not see him last season HAha who hung you out was it little mikey

Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
No it was Ronnie . We just got back from the last trip . Weather kicked our butts again . We did manage to land 5 YFT to 80 , two swords one 125 and the other 150 and a couple of LFT at dawn . Got one Mahi about 10 lbs trolling by a couple of pots on the way home . Left at 8:30 due to conditions and got in at 3:45 . Your weather should be good . I'll be getting in when you are on the dock . I might jump back on and fish if there's room/cancelations .

2nd Ticket
Picture of DEE=THUNNUS
posted Hide Post
Ronnie's back huh there's always room c'mon pedro do the double f'it sleep in the galley if you have to

Pinhead
Picture of cold waters
posted Hide Post
do you guys have recomendations for a boat to get on? and what kind of costs i am looking at?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 22 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd Ticket
Picture of DEE=THUNNUS
posted Hide Post
Hello cold waters tuna trips run about 275 to 310 there are a lot of boats that sail from point pleasant as well as belmar and atlantic highlands the problem though is this late in the season you pretty much have to take what you can get trip wise as anything near the weekend fri sat sun has been booked a long time ago soetimes you can get in on a cancelation you just have to call around i would give the Gambler in point pleasant a call they are top notch

2nd Ticket
Picture of DEE=THUNNUS
posted Hide Post
Hey pedro WTH i should be up to my chin in yellowfins right now?

2nd Ticket
Picture of DEE=THUNNUS
posted Hide Post
Pedro.......Pedro........Pedro.......Pedro.......Pedro.......Pedro.......Pedro.......Pedro? You guys did make it back i hope

Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
Yes we did get in ok . Had to stear by hand/throttle . Hope that you booked one of the trips that I'm working .

2nd Ticket
Picture of DEE=THUNNUS
posted Hide Post
Thats a bummer man did you get any fishing done before the technical difficulty

Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
Dee it was a little tough . I think that we had five YFT and one Mahi . I'll be working tonight . I'll give a report Wednesday .

2nd Ticket
Picture of DEE=THUNNUS
posted Hide Post
Roger that pedro go hit em in the head buddy

Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
We sailed with only 17 fares Monday night . Capt. Bob returned with 21 YFT to around 100 lbs on the NJfishing.com Charter . We had a little bumpy ride out and anchored At the Lindy in 75 degree water around Midnight . Capt. Chev caught a 135 lb Sword around 2 am . We had our first hookup around 4 . Had 6 Big YFT in the box by dawn and added 2 LFT by 8 . Went on the troll and found a nice weed line . No bites so Mike stopped on a deep reading and we drifted with the weeds . Got one more YFT within ten minutes . then we called it . Chev steaked out the Swordie and shared it with all the fares . That was big of him . We have broken/lost three gaffs in the last two trips . I hate big fish !!! The YFT's have major attitude problems and you can't get away with sticking them deep . They almost have to be on the surface or they will make you pay . The Swordie was the easy one . I Head stuck him and Ronny jumped on . We had him half way up the side of the boat when He went off . Chev threw the rod and sunk a third gaff and we walked him to the door . Thats the second door fish of the year .

2nd Ticket
Picture of DEE=THUNNUS
posted Hide Post
I don't know pedro it's looking a little lumpy for sat night