New
Find
Notify
Tools

striper reports
 Login/Join

Captain
posted
the beach was loaded with blues today,my biggest was 14lbs.landed a nice striper on bunker chunks 33".

Posts: 100 | Registered: 05 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
We got out Saturday Night with 17 fares . Went to the Klondike had a slow pick on 4 to 12 lb. Blues with plenty of Dogs to help spoil it till after dark . Moved South to the other end of the Klondike and had a steady pick the rest of the night . The wind was blowing steady around 20-25 kt all night but no swell to speak of . Butterfish chunk and no weight was the ticket as any weight caught the Dogs .

Posts: 243 | Registered: 16 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
loads of bait and blues again today at island beach.no keeper bass but a few shorts.

Deckhand
posted Hide Post
hey ol pedro, whats your boat, and where are you out of?

Posts: 22 | Registered: 25 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
It's the Gambler out of Pt.Pleasant N.J. I'm there Friday and Saturday nights into September .

Captain
posted Hide Post
pedro hows the fluke doing,thinking of going out to the ridge this weekend to find some warmer water for the tournement,just wondering if the boat is seeing any nice size closer in yet.

Captain
posted Hide Post
I got my first mako tonight,48",on the beach with bunker chunks in ortley beach,man what a fight and it got even worse when he was on the beach.I'm Hooked now.the fish was released back into the water.A few big bluefish where caught too,and of course a dozen skates.

Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
Congrat ulations Russel ,I guess that that means that I'll take an 80lb stick with me this weekend and possibly put out a Bluefish fillet on a baloon .

Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
Russell , the water still a little cold but there have been some large fish around the Klondike . Bryan was down hanging out at the Co-Op and plenty of large fluke were being packed out from that area .

Captain
posted Hide Post
pedro thanks for the tip,We'll give the klondike a shot.I'm bringing the 80lb setup out sat too,especialy if we go to the ridge.Keep me posted if you hear any shark hot spots..