CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Northeast Atlantic Reports    Bluefin in Green Harbor Mass.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bluefin in Green Harbor Mass.
 Login/Join

Deckhand
posted
I went on coastal charters in green harbor friday to catch tuna on popping lures. We had heavy fog so sight casting was out and we switched to slow trolling slug-go's(a 9" rubber eel looking tube)I had brought my Avet HX_W to jig if I could so we used my set-up to troll the slug-go.IT GOT HIT BY A BLUEFIN! I already had my calcutta harness on and clipped in quickly and within 5-8 minutes had a 67" bluefin boatside BUT as you all know the fish had other ideas and screamed of line again. This happened FIVE times. We (3 of usplus the capt.) passed my rod off to another man every time it went deep again.I was the last man on the rod when the Capt. Harpooned the majestic beast and we pulled it onboard.We guess the weight around 165-185 and taped it at 67 1/2 inches. I just had my Avet bearings upgraded and changed to a T handle thru Avet.It was great to land the bluefin on my Avet. A special thank you to charkboards for putting me in the right direction for the handle upgrade and tunatoys on noreast.com for the bearings.My next tuna trip is Aug10 in Cape May NJ. See you out there Hank

Posts: 16 | Registered: 24 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post