Notify
Tools

2007 NJ Fluke Regs
 Login/Join

2nd Ticket
Picture of Caviar
posted
The new season is May 26-Sept. 10, 8 fish at 17"
The size limit never seems to go down although it has, as far as Stripers go. Rememember the 34" minimum?

Posts: 43 | Registered: 21 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
Yes I do and it seemed that we carried more fares back then then we do now . I sort of liked the slot and the cow reg . At least most everyone went home with a fish .Back in the slot days we would make sure that everyone who wanted a fish had one . As far as the Fluke reg's are concerned the AFC sucks !!! With their flawed logic and crap data they are putting nails in the Partyboat Coffin one year at a time . Hell we caught more than a couple of Fluke in December that were over 18" jigging for Stripers !!! We hated to release such nice fish but the law is the law even if it is wrong .

Posts: 243 | Registered: 16 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd Ticket
Picture of Caviar
posted Hide Post
I know what your saying Pedro. Man, October fluking is great. I don't know what they expect the headboats and the bait stores to survive on. If a guy vacations at the shore for a week with his family and fishes 3 or 4 days, there is a good chance he won't bring back a legal fluke to eat let alone a bass. I guess you will be running all day monkfishing trips.
You are preaching to the choir buddy.

Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
Monkfish now thats an idea !!! We could run Sea Robin halfday trips they taste like Ocean Perch . Or how about Stargazer trips ? I would have a blast watching the fares get shocked .

Posts: 243 | Registered: 16 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd Ticket
Picture of Caviar
posted Hide Post
Count me in !!!

Captain
posted Hide Post
count me in on the sea robin trips,Pretty soon you'll need the head boat and gaff to catch a fluke because there going to be big.The laws suck...I liked those slot days with the bonus tag days for striper too.Pedro I'm still ready for the tuna trips.And june is comming fast,We'll have to pick a day your free in june to show us how to handle a mako at boatside.Can't wait to break in the reels

Posts: 100 | Registered: 05 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post