Find
Notify
Tools

2008 NJ Fluke Regs.
 Login/Join

2nd Ticket
Picture of Caviar
posted
8 fluke @ 18" May 24-Sept.7 (Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. I, being selfish, wish they had lowered the bag limit and extended the season.
I fished quite a bit last summer and limited out only once. Who needs 8 fluke anyway? I release a lot of Bass, Blues Weaks, but I have a hard time releasing fluke. Personal shortcoming, I guess

Posts: 43 | Registered: 21 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd Ticket
Picture of Caviar
posted Hide Post
I forgot mention that was the NJ fluke regs 8 fish @ 18" 5/24--9/7

Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
Cav , I may work Sunday pm Fluke trips this year . I also have a hard time releasing keepers . We eat them the same night as they are caught .

Posts: 243 | Registered: 16 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd Ticket
Picture of Caviar
posted Hide Post
Pedro,
I hear you. We are living large, aren't we?

Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
Back in the day in San Diego when the size on Halibut was 24" and all we caught were 22 to 23"ers now that was painful .

2nd Ticket
Picture of Caviar
posted Hide Post
Ouch...Is that similar to fluke fishing? By the way,I am in the midst of setting up a 9' wire line outfit for bunker spoon trolling, I recently acquired a Penn 113 metal spool reel and a 9' Seeker rod with carbaloy guides. The only problem I have, is that I am not too wild about trolling. I did have limited suces last year pulling Stretch 25s with spectra line. It seemed like I was deep enough to avoid the blues brothers, but, when they showed up it was a mess... too many hooks.

Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
You can change out the hooks for singles on the Stretches .Just make sure that they swim properly . I've also seen some people cut off one hook on the treble making it a double . If you troll the wire with Drone's they have single hooks . Also if you run a dredge it will have singles . I always change out my trebles on all my jigs when fishing Stripers/Bluefish/Tunas . Most heavier iron comes with single hooks .

2nd Ticket
Picture of Caviar
posted Hide Post
Pedro,
Pedro, Gotcha, I am with you 100 percent on the iron. I removed the trebles on the crocs. I do run a single rear hook on the stretch. I guess I could try them with singles on the body also. I'll see how they swim. I usually remove the rear hook on my small casting plugs, and never use a tail hook on a wooden plug. One bluefish can ruin a good thing. I am not into collecting used plugs. Thanks for the input.

Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
Repeat after me Yard Sale !!! I don't keep what is too used or doesn't work well . I Sell it off in my front yard . I use my squid reels for one year and sell um off . If it don't catch it gets sold .

2nd Ticket
Picture of Caviar
posted Hide Post
Yard sale, hmm