Tools

Gamber Profile
 Login/Join

Captain
Captain
Picture of Walt
posted
Pedro,
Just pulled up the Gambler Web site. All I can say is Wow!. Your ride is "NICE". We have noting that comes close on the West Coast for 1-2 day trips. The larger, newer boats concentrate, on the longe range big money tirps. She is advertised as fast, just how fast?

The charters here have slowed down a lot. Tough to get a 2 dayer anymore. Last week the Coronado Islands did however produce one 50 & one 60 pound Yellowtail. Never say die.

http://www.gamblerfishing.net/

Walt

Posts: 342 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Picture of KFAC webmaster
posted Hide Post
Nice Ride, on the new boat page it states that this vessel is capable of up to 30 knots. Fast Very Fast! Eeker

Posts: 18 | Registered: 13 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
Those are some toad YT's . Did they get them off South Island ?The Gambler will do 30kt with the other wheels but with this set 26kt is about the max. We cruise at around 17-19 kt. With the fuel being so high we have to hold her back . When the turbos kick in you have to hold on . She is wide and you can get around easily in a hot bite . No more running bent over up the benches due to lack of rail space . WEcan leave port at 6:00pm and be fishing by midnight . Makes for a long night .

Posts: 243 | Registered: 16 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
Walt , if you scroll down in the tuna section on the Gambler site there's two pics at the bottom .I'm the guy on the left with the BFT and Vinnies the guy on the right with the YFT . Both were caught within 80 miles of New Jersey .

Captain
Captain
Picture of Walt
posted Hide Post
Pedro,
The trash pick up was today taking the paper the paper that had the news reguarding the 2 YT. All I know for sure was that the Coronados were involved.

30 knots for a 90 footer, fasten your seat belts. At that speed its gallons per mile not miles per gallon. I can understand the more fuel efficient cruise speed. However 18 knots or 20 mph is still great. Our 2 day boats go so slow we troll hoochies on the way out and just bounce in the small Bonita that we catch.

Found yours and Vinnies Pix on the site. You two make a pair. It would be great to have you guys coach me on a 200lb Bluefin with 40 lb line. Oh well, we can all dream.

Walt

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Walt,

Posts: 342 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
Walt , If I get a windfall and can buy a 50'er I'll name her 2NAN8ER .I'll get Capt.Mike Bogan to co Captain , Drywall Bob , Rockdods , and you to fish and we have a BFT slaying machine !!!(stand up style only) I'm just dreamin . I hope I'll make this one happen before I'm too old .