CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Northeast Atlantic Reports    Stripers , I think it's startin to Happen !!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stripers , I think it's startin to Happen !!!
 Login/Join

Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted
I just got good reports for the last three days from The Gambler/fleet out of Pt. Pleasent NJ. they are startin to MUG UM !!! Fish are moving down from NY. Not too many keepers yet but lots of action on shorts . The Gambler got a couple of 30"+ fish in the last couple of days. Crocs and quikcrank seem to be the ticket . The Surf Jockys are also catching them on plugs/iron when the Blitzes move close enough . The fish are loaded with Herring . I'll be at the dock Sunday .

Posts: 243 | Registered: 16 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
amen thats good news

Posts: 100 | Registered: 05 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd Ticket
Picture of Caviar
posted Hide Post
I have been fishing Barnegat Light area, all small fish, some big blues mixed in though. I wonder if those fish moving down from NY will end up in the Hudson instead of moving south.

Posts: 43 | Registered: 21 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear from yet another Jersey fisherman .It's hard to say right now what route the Striped bass will take . Rumer has it that there's fish fron RI to the Ambrose Channel and fish being caught on some of the bottom fishing boats . The fishing has been at least ok for over a week with the fishing being better towards the hook . I think that the fish will stay inshore if we keep getting West winds and the water gets colder offshore . As the bait moves South then you will get your shot . The Miss Barnigate Light has been coming North the last two Sundays and fished around the Amusment piers with us . Russell1's boat has also been fishing in that general area . All we can do is hope .

Captain
posted Hide Post
There late this year,thats what I think, there getting better,my budy has been doing good in the flats behind the light house on the north side of the inlet takeing his 2 everynight.I've been doing good on the boat trolling near the shore from barnagat inlet to manasquan inlet.They have been hitting everything we drag,but the black and silver strech is my favorite.Clams on the boat is only bringing up huge dogfish

2nd Ticket
Picture of Caviar
posted Hide Post
fished the Barnegat inlet yesterday.. managed to bucktail 8 shorts, I mean Shoooorts. Could not foind any birds in the ocean did'nt look too hard. I guess the Harvey Cedars lumps are a dead issue with that dredging going on. Keep reporting anything you see or hear.

Captain
posted Hide Post
just got back with keepers a 29" and a 34",the biggest being a 38" the boat was full so we headed home..My budy landed 2 more keepers last night in the flats again,but we trolled around today along our normal path with non stop action and about 10 blues

Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
I fished Sunday instead of working . Capt. Mike took us North to the Schrewsberry Rocks . On the first drift I wacked a 26" Striper on the quickcrank with a large Croc . Third drift I got a 30"er . the last drift before we move I get another around 22" . Capt. Mike moves to the Channel and we get into a steady pick for a few drifts . When the bite slows we move back to the rocks for a few more drifts . When the dust settles I have caught 8 bass with three keepers a 28"er ,a 30"er , and a 30"bonus tag fish .One of my fish had around two pounds of sandworms in it's stomach . The rest were loaded with large Herring . You had to work your lure through the water column to get bit . I varied my retrieve and didn't jig at all . Just cast , hit bottom crank and stop once in a while . There were at least another dozen keepers on the boat and most people caught at least shorts . A fish around 20 lbs took the pool . I wes disappointed to see so many of the 35 fares just hit bottom and jigged even with us incouraging them to do what was working for some of us . The birds were diving for a reason . We could see Bass on the surface Chasing bait and following hooked fish and lures back to the boat . Some people never learn .

Captain
posted Hide Post
nice to hear the action is still north,we were going to head up there on sat but never made it that far..When does the gambler stop fishing for stripers?

Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
We stop when the people or the fish stop showing up . It was bedlum out there yesterday with a bunch of limits and bonus tags going out . Biggest fish was around 21 lbs. The Croc/crank is king right now . With the bait still hanging around and a bunch of West wind days in the forcast We should see it go Full Rack Wide Open !!!

2nd Ticket
Picture of DEE=THUNNUS
posted Hide Post
Hey pedro thats good to hear is the boat sailing xmas eve

Posts: 36 | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
Yes we will but we'll be in at 12:30 . I'll be there @ 5:30/6:00 am . Do you want me to save you a spot ?

Captain
posted Hide Post
my budy went out sunday he said it was ruff out there and ended up with nothing.he was going to follow you but decided not too he was pissed when I told him how you guys did..

2nd Ticket
Picture of Caviar
posted Hide Post
Way to go Pedro. Now please enlighten me. What do you mean quick-crank croc. Do you cast into the direction of the drift or the opposite, and not go to the bottom with your bait or come up from the bottom. Are you marking fish in the mid-depths when you are quick-cranking? Just call me very interested.

2nd Ticket
Picture of Caviar
posted Hide Post
Pedro, I read your post again and now realize you do drop to the bottom. Should have put my brain in gear first instead of my mouth. I did fish sunday in barnegat, I planned on going north, but that south wind was a little too much for my 20 footer so I turned around and fished the inlet and bay.. not a hit. I heard there was a good bite off Harvey Cedars. I'll keep waiting for your fish to move down...