CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  Tackle Help    Avet SX question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Avet SX question
 Login/Join

Pinhead
posted
I'm a new member to the board but have picked up many great tips from the board over the years. My question concerns my Avet SX MC. I have fished the reel from the beach for 2 seasons. I tore it down this week for maintenance and found it looking great inside. All I had to do was clean and re-oil bearings. Since it was apart I took the opportunity to grease the drag and all the screws before reassembly. When replacing one of the screws in the dog cover I noticed grease oozing out of a small lump / pin hole in the back side of frame. Is it possible that pressure build up could actually pop a hole in a machined frame? The screw was not tightened that much. I have worked on many other reels and never seen or heard of anything like this.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 10 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Consultant
Captain
posted Hide Post
yup, you pushed the grease right through. don't worry, though. the damage was cosmetic only.

Posts: 74 | Registered: 02 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post