CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  Tackle Tips and Techniques    Inshore Rod for spotties
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inshore Rod for spotties
 Login/Join

2nd Ticket
posted
I'm planning on picking up a new rod to fish plastics for spotties and sand bass and was wondering what i should look for. I admit that in the past I would just grab any cheep freshwater bass rod and have at it, but I do notice that I miss a fair number of fish. Any specific rod suggestions is also appreciated.

Posts: 45 | Registered: 17 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Where are you located? We have some dandy pieces here for exactly that application. If possible, a cruise to our HB or SD shops would prove beneficial me thinks. Seeker has some new options, Okuma does as well, and we have a few others well worth a pull. We've also got some custom built United Composite rods here that are nothing less than amazing.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1542 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Hey Nijolo. Good question as there are is shortage of rod options on the inshore side of things. Here at the shop, like Mark mentioned, Okuma Cedros inshore rods and Seeker's React/Inshore series are both fine choices.

Our Charkbait rods are also a good choice: lightweight and sensitive and priced right. Feel free to stop by the shop and we can pull on a couple.

Mike Eslinger
Manager
3166 Midway Dr. #101
San Diego, CA 92110
(619) 224-1112

Posts: 108 | Registered: 27 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post