Find
Notify
Tools

BallyHood swap meet
 Login/Join

Captain
posted
First time I have been to this fishing swapmeet
(I started fishing in Feb.) Man o' man what a hoot! Got there just past graylight looking just to check it out, figured I had almost everything I need by now right?
WRONG!! I managed a new blue Hooex (@350) and found my new toy a 100j' ulua!!!! ($100) All I need now is another roll of 60-80# Guides Choice and i'm on! Got one of those rail/reel plates for Christian (0.50) and a weighted squid jig to put at the bottom of my squid/bait catching rig ($2)
Could not believe how inexpensive those cool wooden tackleboxes are. $15-50 would get you some fine craftmanship/memories.
I guess they have these twice a year,and i'll give ya'll a heads up next time.

Regards,
Michael

"Learn from the experts, you won't live long enough to figure it all out on your own..."

Posts: 178 | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Wow, swap meets in So Cal were the best! When I lived there I acquired a collection of more than 100 Who bootleg LP albums, from one concert after another (all were stolen from my apartment the day after I moved to Chicago--what a dump)! Nothing like that around the midwest, just an uncountable number of garage sales every Saturday.

Was this the same Ballyhood that makes so many mind-blowing outstanding lures? Darrel Primrose? Man, he's a hero fisherman to me--I really would love to meet him, hang out at his shop...

Posts: 302 | Registered: 17 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post