CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  CharkBait Forum  Hop To Forums  CharkBoard Chat    Missed out on this years 4 day trip
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Missed out on this years 4 day trip
 Login/Join

2nd Ticket
posted
Last September I went on the Charkbait four day charter on the Red Rooster 3 and had the time of my life. It was my first time aboard the Rooster and the ship and crew were first class, the weather was perfect and the fishing was truly unbelievable. I was hoping to go again but was bummed to find that it sold out months ago. I signed up last year after fathers day and the trip still had plenty of room so I figured there was no big rush to sign up this year. Well I guess if you snooze you lose. I wont be making the same mistake next year. Hope everyone going has as great a time as I did last year and comes home with no unused tags and lots of stories.

Posts: 45 | Registered: 17 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Hi Dominic. Yeah, this trip sold out very fast - sorry! I know you guys had a great time last year (that's probably why it sold out so fast this time).

Anyway, if I hear about any cancellations or a spot or two opens up, I'll be sure to let you know!

- Mike

Posts: 108 | Registered: 27 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd Ticket
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike. I've got to swing by the shop pretty soon, i'm anxious to check out the new seeker stealth rods. I need a new 30lb bait stick and it sounds like they might be the way to go. I guess even if i don't make the trip I can still buy the gear.

CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
We've got room on our RRIII 4 day in July...

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1542 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd Ticket
posted Hide Post
Yeah Im checking out that trip with my schedule. I actually got the ok from my wife to be gone as long as 8 days so Im looking into that posibility as well. Never been out longer than four but would sure like to give it a try.
Do you know if the 4 and 5 day trips are going to Guadalupe this year?

Captain
posted Hide Post
Hey Dominic. If all goes well and the fishing is good at Guadalupe, the 4 day trip (especially the one in September) generally targets Guadalupe. If the trip doesn't go there, it will most likely head over to Cedros or Benitos Islands. Sometimes the fishing is so good offshore that you never make it to an island...

The 6-day might fish it, but most likely it'll head a little further south (Cedros and Benitos included) to fish the ridge and surrounding areas.

The sharks have been pretty bad around Guadalupe the past few years so a lot of boats just bypass it altogether. But, the captains know more than we do and I'm sure they'll put us in a position to catch more and bigger fish whenever they have the chance.

It looks like I'll be on the 6-day trip this year. I'm wondering the same thing too. We'll know for sure where we're headed once we step on the boat...

- Mike

Posts: 108 | Registered: 27 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post