CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  CharkBait Forum  Hop To Forums  CharkBoard Chat    LR light bookings for 10 day decmeber trip
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LR light bookings for 10 day decmeber trip
 Login/Join

Deckhand
Captain
Picture of SDTuna
posted
Howdy from Colorado,

I just check out the Shogun and see tha there are still 21 spots open on my 10day trip. I have paid for the trip and airline ticket so I am set to go. My question to the group is what happens if they do not get 21 more people on the trip.

This is my first 10 day adventure and I have no experience on what happens IF the boat does not fill up.

Any thoughts from the LR veterns would be appreciated.

SDTuna -

Posts: 261 | Registered: 01 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of pigsticker
posted Hide Post
Hahahhaha sDTuna, hey. Don't sweat it. I promise you that every single boat, 8-12 are leaving the same day and they will be full. I took the same trip with Olliebear and Hoggem last year.

Here's how to handle the day of departure. First. It's going to be a ZOOOOO! Get there hours and hours early.

There will be designated areas for each boats patrons to line up. There will be a security check point as it is mandatory with Homeland Security.

But, it is a hoot to be there inline. I met a lot of wonderful people, last year while inline. Plus, there is a great place there on the promenade to buy breakfast burrito's.

So, no worries, most folks are awaiting the first 3-6 10 tuna reports before the full on swarm happens. And in other cases, they are trying to sweet talk their " Wifezilla's " into cutting them loose for the holiday trip.

Me? My Wife couldn't WAIT for her 10 day vacation from me.

Posts: 893 | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
keep your fingers crossed, maybe you'll get another 10-12 takers and plenty of rail space.
We ran with 17 people and with the fact that Norm and Bruce have about the best attitude in the fleet you should have the trip of your life.

"Learn from the experts, you won't live long enough to figure it all out on your own..."

Posts: 178 | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
Picture of SDTuna
posted Hide Post
Just what this lonesome cowboy needed to hear bros.

Off to chase some critters...if anyone's on the Shogun for this trip I promise elk summer susage for the boat.

Smiler

SDTuna -

Captain
Picture of Big Fish
posted Hide Post
SD don't panic, a few years ago I went on the Shogun 5 day trip with only 17 people on board, most of us ended up with our own staterooms, which was awesome not having to worry about storage space. It also provided for plenty of rail space and a most enjoyable trip. I was actually surprised that the boat left, but they didn't want to dissapoint those of us who had paid and waited for the trip. I'm sure as the season progresses the boat will fill up. Have a great trip!

Posts: 73 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Like Piggie said, you will be full. I saw space open until the last week and thouht, great, I can get a light load nad more rail space....WRONG. The AA was full up--as a boat with a great rep should be.

As Piggie also mentioned. Get there early--no later than 5:30 am--otherwise you might not even find parking. You will need time to check in and first come first serve. Get your passenger ticket, pay for any last minute surcharges. Find your place in line and get a breakfast burrito and meet your buddies for the next 10 days. Once everyone has checked in, the boat throws off the hawser ties and firseup the diesels. We had to wait 90 minutes for this couple who came in late pissing off everyone on board. If th eboat has a 10:00 or noon departure, you might be able to go to Perry's right under the 5 Fwy for breakfast. Good stick to your ribs breakfast--and a tall blond Teutonic waitress to serve you too. I've been such a bad boy, Mistress Waitress....

The skippers draw straws to get the departure order so they don't all ram into each other at the bait tank. Plenyt of time to take pictures, munch on the burrito, and chit chat about each person's arsenal.

So no worreis. The gun will be full. And if you get only 17- then all the much better. Yes, the skipper would make less money and could make more money by not traveling as far....but custoemr service is #1 with Norm nad he'll fie that baby up to a full 5 knots tops speed to put you on fish.

(The Gun is known to be one of the slower boats. On our trip last year, we started back a 1/2 day early to beat the incomming storm front. The Big X and Piggie's Royal Star came along with us as well side by side from Baja. All three of us anchored to the bait receivesr in the calm of the night while the Gun was 6 hours behind getting beat riding the huge swells.)

Posts: 224 | Registered: 07 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of pigsticker
posted Hide Post
Olliebear. True Dat on the Storm. Word ( hat sideways, arms crossed over the chest like a fool in gang fasion. Looks stupid huh )

Oh and uh...what's with the two toed waitress?
hahahahhaa

All kidding aside. GET THERE EARLYYYYYYY.

You will not believe the sounds.

MMMMOOOOOOOOOOO MMMMOOOOOO MMMMOOOOO

tHERE WILL BE SO MUCH STUFF, PEOPLE AND CHAOS, IT'LL LOOK LIKE DODGE CITY AT ROUND UP TIME!

But, yer gonna have a blast. I hope the 200 pounders come out to play for you. There are such cute cuddely little fish. Easy to land, no struggles, no worries.
hee hee hee I am so mean. Welcome aboard.

Deckhand
Captain
Picture of SDTuna
posted Hide Post
I am flying in from Colorado so its late to sleep early to rise and walk across the parking lot at dawn.

SDTuna -

Captain
posted Hide Post
Just don't do like Hoggem and get taken across the wrong side fo Sandy Eggo by the taxi cabbie and finally got into his hotel across the street at 2:00 am....only to get up at 4:30 am.....

Posts: 224 | Registered: 07 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of pigsticker
posted Hide Post
hahahahahhaahahahhahahhaa

I remember that. He was dragging serious butt!

I suggest earlier flights in for the trip.

Deckhand
Captain
Picture of SDTuna
posted Hide Post
I was in the USCG at the SD Air station...so its straight on harbor drive to garrison or nothin. or maybe a long trip to rosecrans..Smiler

SDTuna -